The Recreation Committee of the Council looks after the leisure facilities owned by the village, and is therefore responsible for:
- The management and maintenance of the following recreation grounds and car parks, and their associated buildings, equipment and plant:
- Goosecroft recreation ground, sports facilities and car park
- Bucknell’s Meadow recreation ground
- Mapledurham Lock Boules Piste
- Liaison with and support of, sport clubs, social clubs, and other users, including the letting of playing facilities;
- Provision and care of children’s play areas;
- Risk assessments and compliance with Health & Safety rules for all facilities;
- Support of Youth organisations in Purley, and youth projects relating to leisure and public safety.
The committee usually meets three times per year to make important decisions within these responsibilities, and provides the support and maintenance required to keep the village’s assets in good order and safe to use.
The Councillors on the committee are:
Rick Farrow (Chairman)
The Honorary Ground Manager is a non-voting co-opted members of the committee, and related club officers are usually invited to attend meetings.
Residents who have questions or who want to talk about leisure facilities in the village are welcome to contact the Council through the clerk, or approach any member of the committee.