The Highways and Footpaths committee is responsible for carrying out the duties of the Parish Council in regard to highways and footpaths. It meets three times each year and Officers and Councillors work in between meetings to ensure decisions are implemented.
The Councillors on the committee are:
Christine Collier (Chairman)
The Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Council are ex-officio members of the Highways & Footpaths Committee and have full voting rights.
The committee’s responsibilities include:
- Representing Purley to West Berkshire Council’s Highways department for all matters relating to highways and public transport, including traffic management, parking, speed control, signage and road and pedestrian safety;
- Care and maintenance of public footpaths and bridleways within the village;
- Provision and care of street furniture, such as noticeboards, litter and dog litter bins, bus shelters, winter salt bins, and provision and emptying of bins;
- The management of the allotments;
- Care and maintenance of Pikeshaw woodland.
Parish Residents can consult the Council or report concerns by contacting the Clerk on 0118 984 4507 or by using this contact form. For issues with roads or pavements, residents can also report to West Berkshire Council’s Streetcare service directly on 01635 519080, or via the WBC website http://www.westberks.gov.uk/