This agreement applies as between you, the User of this Website and Purley on Thames Parish Council, the owner of this Website. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In this Agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Article”||means a news article on this Website;|
|“Content”||means any Articles, text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website;|
|“Service”||means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that Purley on Thames Parish Council makes available through the Website either now or in the future;|
|“System”||means any online communications infrastructure that Purley on Thames Parish Council makes available through the Website either now or in the future;|
|“User” / “Users”||means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by Purley on Thames Parish Council and acting in the course of their employment; and|
|“Website”||means the website that you are currently using: purleyonthames-pc.gov.uk and any sub-domains of this site|
|‘Administrator’||Means an officer of the Parish Council|
- Subject to the exceptions in Clause 3 of these Terms and Conditions, all Content included on the Website including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of Purley on Thames Parish Council.. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable United Kingdom and International intellectual property and other laws.
- You may print, reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use Content from the Website as specified in Clause 4 of these Terms and Conditions and for personal or educational purposes only, unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given express written permission to do so by Purley on Thames Parish Council Specifically you agree that:
- You will not systematically copy Content from the Website with a view to creating or compiling any form of comprehensive collection, compilation, directory or database unless given express written permission to do so by Purley on Thames Parish Council
- Where expressly indicated, certain Content and the Intellectual Property Rights subsisting therein belongs to other parties.
- The Content described in this Clause 3, unless expressly stated to be so, is not covered by any permission granted by Clause 2 of these Terms and Conditions to use Content from the Website. The exceptions in Clause 4 continue to apply.
Material from the Website may be re-used without written permission where any of the exceptions detailed in Chapter III of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 apply.
This Website may contain links to other websites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Purley on Thames Parish Council. We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Linking will only be carried out by the site administrator with the express permission of Purley on Thames Parish Council. To find out more please contact us by using the Parish Council’s contact form.
- Purley on Thames Parish Council makes no warranty or representation that the Website or the Articles therein will meet your requirements, that they will be of satisfactory quality, that they will be fit for a particular purpose, that they will not infringe the rights of third parties, that they will be compatible with all systems, or that they will be secure.
- The opinions expressed in Articles are those of their authors and do not represent the opinions of Purley on Thames Parish Council.
- Whilst every reasonable endeavour has been made to ensure that all information provided on this Website will be accurate and up to date, Purley on Thames Parish Council makes no warranty or representation that this is the case. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our services.
- No part of this Website is intended to constitute advice and the Content of this Website should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
- Purley on Thames Parish Council makes no representation or warranty that any part of this Website is suitable for use in commercial situations or that it constitutes accurate data and / or advice on which business decisions can be based.
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that all descriptions of services available from Purley on Thames Parish Council correspond to the actual services available, Purley on Thames Parish Council is not responsible for any variations from these descriptions.
- Whilst Purley on Thames Parish Council uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, all Users are advised to take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
- The Service is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and / or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
- Purley on Thames Parish Council accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
- Purley on Thames Parish Council reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, the products and/or services available. These Terms and Conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Purley on Thames Parish Council accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Website or any information contained therein. Users should be aware that they use the Website and its Content at their own risk.
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that these terms and conditions adhere strictly with the relevant provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, in the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall confer any rights upon any third party. The agreement created by these Terms and Conditions is between you and Purley on Thames Parish Council.
- All notices / communications shall be given to us either by post to our Premises (see Contacts) or by email to email@example.com Such notice will be deemed received 3 days after posting if sent by first class post, the day of sending if the email is received in full on a business day and on the next business day if the email is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
- Purley on Thames Parish Council may from time to time send you information about our services and/or products. If you do not wish to receive such information, please advise by email to the firstname.lastname@example.org
These terms and conditions and the relationship between you and Purley on Thames Parish Council shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales and Purley on Thames Parish Council and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.